- Click here to access to our detailed informational booklet KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
- Print and share this KNOW YOUR RIGHTS Travel Brochure with your friends and family before they head out on their next vacation
- Share the booklet and help protect the civil and human rights of all Sikhs
United States- Fourth of July- Celebrating the nation's birthday sets off the start of one of the busiest times of the year to travel whether it is by car, plane, bus or train.
UNITED SIKHS encourages you to plan your Fourth of July trip with practicality and flexibility. To assist you in your travels, we have created a-
- Detailed informational booklet on KNOW YOUR RIGHTS. This booklet will educate and empower you about your rights when encountered with various law enforcement agencies. Included in the informationational booklet are questions and answers on topics that would assist you in your travels, for example, “What rights do I have if I wear a religious head covering?” Knowing your rights empowers you as an individual and strengthens the Sikh community.
- Know Your Rights Travel Brochure provides you with detailed information on your rights when travelling by airplane, car, or bus. Dealing with law enforcement official can daunting but do not let them take advantage of you. KNOW YOUR RIGHTS! Do not allow the insensitivity of those not educated in the practices of Sikhism hinder your patriotism.
- Know Your Rights Workshop: We encourage you to reach out to us at email@example.com if you wish for us to hold a Know Your Rights workshop in your town/city.
“Being aware of these rights will lead to a better feeling of being part of the US mainstream, and help in making informed decisions and tackling unpleasant situations effectively, as and when they arise,” said Manmeet Singh, Staff Attorney for UNITED SIKHS.
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has provided some summer safety travel tips. Please click here to view the entire list.
UNITED SIKHS sends heartiest greetings to all our volunteers, supporters and donors. May you have a fun holiday weekend and a safe summer ahead.
“And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man,” quoted from President John F. Kennedy.
Your generosity and support are greatly appreciated and inspire us to continue our advocacy work to fight for all minority civil and human rights globally.
Staff Attorney, International Civil and Human Rights Advocacy (ICHRA)