It's #GivingTuesday! How do You Plan to Give Back ?
You can give back by donating to UNITED SIKHS. A few highlights of our work this year:
- UNITED SIKHS Aid team
- Superstorm Sandy disaster relief efforts: Over 25,000 meals along with 1000+ blankets, warm clothes, baby diapers, towels and other necessities delivered.
- Mother-Child care clinic in Punjab: Caregivers are seeing up to 40 patients daily since April and giving out free medications.
- Rural Kenya Medical Hospital Automation: 220 bed hospital in rural Kenya can now cater to the urgent needs of the people with the help of electronic equipment and provide basic healthcare.
- UNITED SIKHS Advocacy Team
- Working on Hate Crime tracking issues in Northern California with United States Attorney, Honorable Melinda Haag.
- Providing legal advocacy for : Census and Right to Self Identity, Right to Articles of Faith, Screening of Turbans at Airport and other National Security Issues, Employment Discrimination, Racial Profiling, Bullying Prevention and Domestic Terrorism
- UNITED SIKHS Community Empowerment and Education Team
- Launched UMEED - UNITED SIKHS National Family Resource Center with a toll-free helpline- 1-855-US-UMEED ( 1-855-878-6333). Counseling for disaster distress, domestic violence and substance abuse, senior care services and legal advocacy.
- Community Health Education fairs conducted on both coasts SAT classes and After School Homework help provided
We are thankful for your continued support and ask you to encourage your friends and family to Donate Today too !
Director, Community Empowement and Education