- March 10th marks the day when 25 more homes were handed over to the typhoon affected families in Crossing Lais village, Philippines.
- Total of 51 homes and one church were reconstructed in the last 3 months since the team reached the ground.
- We would like to thank each and every one of you for your thoughtfulness and donations, however big or small, you made this happen.
- The event was marked with the presence of the Governor, Vice Governor, Mayor of Capiz, members of the Khalsa Diwan among many others and the local media.
- 43 more homes in the Crossing Lais need to be repaired, the estimated cost is $10,000 USD. To donate, please click here.
Crossing Lais, Philippines - Since February 6th, when UNITED SIKHS handed over 18 new homes to the Filipino community, 25 more homes were handed over to the typhoon affected families in Crossing Lais Village, Philippines on March 10th. The event was marked with the presence of the Governor, Vice Governor, Mayor of Capiz, members of Khalsa Diwan among many others and local media.
This brings the total to 51 homes and one church, which were reconstructed in the last three months since the team has reached the grounds. These new types of homes will last up to level 4 typhoon. Click here for a breakdown of materials.
However, the work continues, a further 43 homes in the Crossing Lais need to be repaired; the estimated cost is $10,000 USD. If you would like to help the displaced, please click here.
We thank you for your support in assisting our efforts to restore long-term stability and assist with the transition from temporary to permanent shelters.
The team has been exceptionally active in the transition and recovery phase, and we would like to thank each and every one of you for your thoughtfulness and donations, however big or small, you allow us to make a difference and continue to restore the lives of people all around the world.
In recognition of the valuable contribution, the Head of Sub Office at the United Nations wrote a letter of gratitude to the UNITED SIKHS for their on-going humanitarian efforts.
We would like to thank all of you and the below mentioned supporters and guests who attended the ceremony:
President Apusgai & Khalsa Diwan: Manjinder Jammes Kumar
Member of Khalsa Diwan – Rashpal Singh, Mandeep Singh Happy
Local Singhs- Paramjit Singh, Harjinder Singh
Hon. Victor A. Tanco-Governor Province of Capiz
Hon. Esteban “Nonoy” Evan Contreras –Vice. Governor Province of Capiz
Hon. Steve B.Contreras – Mayor of Pontevedra Capiz
Pssupt. Ulysses C. Caton – Provincial Director Capiz PPO
PSINO William DS Limjuco Jr. –Chief of Police Ponteved ra MPS
Ms. Gaycebel B. Delos Santos-Humanity First Canada
Alfonso Bodoy Dilla-Brgy. Capt of Binuntucan
To read our previous press release on humanitarian aid work, please click here.