UNITED SIKHS is a United Nations affiliated international non-governmental, humanitarian relief, human development and advocacy organization, aimed at empowering those in need, especially disadvantaged and minority communities across the world.
UNITED SIKHS is currently seeking an energetic, self-starter to join its fast-paced Media Team as a specialist and creative PR writer. This person will also assist with media outreach and follow up: maintain media relationships, draft and distribute media communications to our donors and supporters, while also writing publications online platforms and monitor media coverage.
Job-id : US-NA-OM-PROJ-10003
Specific Responsibilities Include:
1) Assist with graphic design as needed
2) Identify and assist with organizational events, conferences, and outreach as needed
3) Manage media monitoring and build media lists
4) Draft and edit talking points, articles, blogs and other written materials
5) Drafts and implements PR communications vehicles including news releases, monthly calendars, press kits, media advisories, fact sheets, fun facts and trivia, etc. Helps maintain press room on the UNITED SIKHS website.
6) Supports the PR department in creating pitch ideas and plans that will result in maximum exposure for the organization.
7) Monitors top influencers, competitors, media and industry trends for potential shareable content.
8) Participates with other department staff in key areas where public relations and social media impacts organizational objectives and goals.
9)Supports consistency of the organizationâ€™s message in all PR materials. Offers design and proofing assistance to other departments, particularly with regards to implementation of logo styles and uniformity of design.
The Ideal Candidate:
1) 3-5 years of public relations and social media experience in a professional setting.
2) Bachelor's degree in public relations, marketing/communications, English, journalism or a related field; or equivalent work experience.
3) Will have graphic design skills
4) Will have strong writing and communication skills
5) Will be comfortable working independently and as part of a small, dynamic team
6) Demonstrates superior organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines.
7) Proficiency with Microsoft programs, and knowledge of Photoshop preferred.
8) Knowledge of communication technologies including social networking, blogs, YouTube, etc.
9) Must have or be able to quickly acquire knowledge of departmental structure, policies, and procedures.
Please send a