I) Location: New York City
III) Leaves: 2 weeks vacation (adding an additional day for each year worked for), 10 medical leaves
IV) Benefits: Health Insurance provided
V) Working Conditions: Work in an office environment, but the mission of the organization may sometimes take you to non standard workplaces. Will work a standard work week, but additionally will often work evening, weekends, and overtime hours to accommodate activities such as Board of Trustee, Directors meetings and representing the organization at public events.
VI) GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Leadership: Works with board of trustees in order to fulfill the organization's mission.
1) Responsible for leading UNITED SIKHS in a manner that supports and guides the organization's mission as defined by the Board of Trustees
2) Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
3) Be responsible for the budget of UNITED SIKHS. An annual budget outline is provided and you are responsible for coming up with the strategy to raise the budget.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
1) Responsible for the fiscal integrity of UNITED SIKHS to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
2) Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
3) Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources (grants) necessary to support UNITED SIKHS' mission.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with the board of trustees, directors and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
1) Responsible for implementation of programs that carry out the organization's mission.
2) Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that UNITED SIKHS can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
3) Responsible for the enhancement of UNITED SIKHS' image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
1) Responsible for effective administration of operations.
2) Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
3) Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
5) Professional Qualifications:
1) Transparent and high integrity leadership
2) Five or more years nonprofit management experience
3) Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
4) Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
5) Ability to convey a vision of UNITED SIKHS strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
6) Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
7) Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
8) Strong written and oral communication skills
9) Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
10) Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
11) Strong public speaking ability
6) Actual Job Responsibilities:
1) Planning and operation of annual budget.
2) Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
3) Serving as UNITED SIKHS' primary spokesperson to the organization's constituents, the media and the general public.
4) Maintains a database of all contacts and captures all the necessary client, vounteer, donors and directors for their information and their contacts. ¬†Makes sure that the consistency to update the database is followed through by the staff/consultants and BOT. Makes sure that the database is sanitized and is authentic.
5) Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance UNITED SIKHS' Mission.
6) Report to and work closely with the Board of Trustees and Directors and to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase their overall visibility of the Foundation throughout the State.
7) Supervise, collaborate with organization staff and help in recruiting Directors for various Directorates.
8) Strategic planning and implementation.
9) Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
10) Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
11) Review and approve contracts for services.
12) Other duties as assigned by the Board of Trustees
7) Qualifications: The desired candidate will have an MBA along with a degree in law or a degree in human rights and must have worked in a fast pace environment with entrepreneurial spirit and¬†experience of at least 10 to 15 years.
1) Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit/ voluntary organization
2) Knowledge of all federal and provincial legislation applicable to voluntary sector organizations including: employment standards, human rights, occupational health and safety, charities, taxation, CPP, EI, health coverage etc...
3) Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization
4) Knowledge of human resources management
5) Knowledge of financial management
6) Knowledge of project management
Send a copy of your updated resume to email@example.com. References will be required