The Sikh Summit is an opportunity for members of the Sikh community to discuss issues most relevant to our community with national representatives. Sikh community members from around the country will gather to hold meaningful dialogue and promote solutions about important civil and human rights issues such as:
- Hate and Bias Crimes,Bullying in Schools
- Increasing Security and Vigilance at Sikh Templesin the U.S. after the shooting massacre at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin
- Right to Turbans at Airports and in the Military
- Employment Discrimination at the Workplace and in Armed Forces
- Racial and Religious Profiling
- General Right to Articles of Faith
These topics of concern by the Sikh community have gained the attention of congressmen across the nation. The American Sikh Congressional Caucus was launched in April 2013 and now consists of 30 congressmen from both sides of the aisle. The momentum for policy change comes at a time most prevalent for Sikh Americans and we hope you will join us October 22-2, 2013 in Washington, D.C. to be a part of history.
We look forward to seeing you in Washington, D.C.